Dear readers, from today I will count with the participation of some employees to add even more content to the blog.
Are competent professionals from different areas, which will deepen in some important issues related to pregnancy and motherhood.
The responsible about everything that relates to nutrition of mother and baby will be the Nutritionist Mariana Del Bosco, who today talks about the Allergy to cow’s milk protein.
Who have any questions just leave a comment below the post that she will respond as soon as possible.
Food allergy is an abnormal reaction of the organism the protein present in maternity underwear featured at proexchangerates.com.
The top 8 foods that can trigger allergy are: cow’s milk, soy, eggs, wheat, fish, shellfish, peanuts and cashews.
In children, allergic to cow’s milk protein is the most common food allergies, affects 1 every 20 babies. It is necessary to be attentive to the genetic tendency, as allergic parents have 75% chance of developing it.
The symptoms can be immediate, with vomiting, diarrhea, edema, asthma, rhinitis, urticaria and, in more severe cases, anaphylaxis. Some symptoms may also appear after some time of ingestion, with abdominal pain, bloody stools, rash, food refusal and tearfulness. It is possible that some babies may have mixed manifestations, with immediate and late symptoms.
The diagnosis, made by a pediatrician, is based on the clinical manifestations. The removal of the allergen, the provocation test is one of the most effective ways to diagnose. Some laboratory tests can also be requested.
With the confirmation of the diagnosis, excludes food and allergy-causing the symptoms cease. The vast majority of children develop tolerance to the milk until the age of 2.
Babies fed with milk formula should replace it with specific formula for allergies. Here, it is worth noting that the receipt of the formula via Department of health is a right of the carrier. To do so, you must follow the specific Protocol in each city.
Breastfeeding babies who submit food allergies must follow with exclusive breastfeeding until the age of 6 months and the mother should completely exclude dairy products from your diet while breastfeeding. The exclusion must be total, therefore, care must be taken with cross-contamination (when we use the same utensil to a dairy and food must be free of your contact) and with foods that may contain traces of milk. The mother should make sure that your power supply will be adequate considering to reading labels, searching in SACs of food companies and ensuring the food preparation at home, safely.
Introducing food for children older than 6 months, remain the care to exempt it from the contact. All family members should be informed of the importance of treatment so that the child does not present any symptoms and to develop tolerance to milk as soon as possible. It is important to let everyone know that a little bit, for small that is, breaks out the allergic reaction.
Caution as the term MILK is not always will be present in the list of ingredients of foodstuffs containing it. You should check labels and DON’T CONSUME any food that presents: casein, caseinate, lactalbumin, lactoglobulin, lactose, lactulose, serum proteins, whey and whey protein. Some flavorings such as butter flavor, caramel flavor, aroma of cheese, can also hide your milk composition. When in doubt, call the SAC.
And, finally, don’t confuse APLV with lactose intolerance. The term “lactose allergy”, inclusive, is a mistake. Allergy, as we have seen, is a reaction of the organism to protein, lactose intolerance is a difficulty of digestion of the milk sugar-lactose.
While the APLV is more common in children, lactose intolerance is more common in adults, especially in the elderly, since the production of lactase-the enzyme that digests lactose – tends to decrease with age. The main symptoms are dumping, gas and diarrhea. Their occurrence in children is rare, and when it occurs, is secondary, i.e. due to other problems such as inflammatory bowel disease.
Alternatives to breastfeeding mom:
It’s pretty hard to keep food-free diet containing
milk protein. The milk is widely distributed in preparations
processed foods and cuisines, so in addition to cutting the
milk and its derivatives of diet you need to cook safely and check the
labelling of all processed foods.
Not only as a nutritionist, but also as a breastfeeding mother
a baby carrier APLV, I selected some practical tips:
• The sandwich will be very different from the usual. Starting with the bread. There are no guarantees that the bread from the bakery was not contaminated with any product with milk. There have been cases of bakery that uses powdered milk in the recipe for the bread softer. Industrialized breads, to be processed on equipment that has contact with dairy products, may contain traces of milk. Check in SACs of the companies, which breads are safe for consumption. On the Australian’s bread wickbold released, as well as the entire line pinheirense. I suggest purchasing the bread machine to make absolutely safe, healthy recipes and delicious.
• To increase the sandwich, use tofu, tuna or chicken Pate with mayonnaise, avocado with salt and olive oil, hummus, smoked salmon and beef carpaccio with mustard. Some sausages may contain traces of milk. Best to avoid. Becel margarine is one of the few, if not the only, which does not contain traces of milk.
• Most cookies also contain milk. To be sure, only by reading labels anyway. Recommend the jasmine cookies line and those Japanese sembei crackers, and rice. The Camil rice is also exempt.
• There are few options for sweets without milk. The candy syrup and jams are safe. Cornmeal cake, Orange cake and cake nêga nuts (chocolate without milk) can be made at home. There are also vegan alternatives of cakes, chocolates, ice cream, etc.
• Is not 100% safe to eat outside. All may have been prepared with butter and there is the risk of cross-contamination. Even if you choose to eat raw foods in Japanese, threatens to be a contamination with the cream cheese. I have left very little for dinner, the few times I went, I chose: smoked salmon salad, steak tartar and cod cakes.
• To suggest drinking soy milk. Choose the same milk, as the juice made from soy does not contain the same amount of protein and calcium.
• It is quite possible that there is no need to use a calcium supplement. A dietitian can assess how best and dosage.