Every beginning is difficult. Organizing a semester abroad or studying abroad is no exception. Especially at the beginning, the mountain of pending tasks often seems overwhelming – but we won’t leave you alone with this feeling.
We help you to keep track of things and guides you step by step to your personal adventure abroad – reliably and completely free of charge.
Step 1: inform
- Are you looking for initial suggestions and ideas for studying abroad? Then let yourself be inspired by one of our information events or find out more on our website.
- There you will find detailed profiles of our partner universities. Thanks to our filter option, you can tailor the university list to your interests and requirements. You can also download free information on all of our partner universities .
- If you have fundamental questions about studying abroad, it is worth taking a look at our guide. Here you will find comprehensive information and helpful tips on studying abroad from A for foreign BAföG to M for letter of motivation to Z for admission tests.
- If you would like to know more about our partner universities or would like advice, simply send a request for advice to one of our student advisors and we will get back to you shortly.
Step 2: decide
- A pre-selection has been made, but the final decision for a university is still pending. We know that choosing a country, university and subject is not an easy task. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of criteria – from the question of funding to the admission requirements – that can help with the selection. Your responsible academic advisor knows what is important and will work with you to find the right university.
- After the consultation, do you also long for student experience? Then take a look at the many testimonials from the students we have placed and do n’t miss the videos from our campus reporters.
- Once you have made a decision and found the university of your choice, it is time to take a closer look at the course content. The recognition of your study abroad can you clarify talking to your home institution or the competent state examination office. Now is also the right time to draw up a schedule for the further planning of your stay abroad. Your student advisor will be happy to help you.
Step 3: apply
- The hot application phase is imminent. But you can keep a cool head, because thanks to our detailed application instructions you will know exactly what to do.
- After you have compiled all the documents according to the instructions, you can send your review application by email to us for free viewing. You will then receive prompt feedback from your study expert.
- The next step is to send your original application by post to your advisor. They will check your documents as quickly as possible and forward them to the foreign university. As a rule, you can expect our feedback within a few weeks.
Step 4: prepare
- Once the long-awaited acceptance has finally arrived, you can start preparing for your studies abroad. This may include applying for a visa, booking flights and taking out international health insurance.
- In order to be culturally prepared for studying abroad, it is also advisable that you familiarize yourself with the culture of the host country.
- Last but not least, an initial exchange with fellow students from Germany is part of the preparation abroad. This is where we come in and forward you contact lists and relevant Facebook groups even before you leave. Your academic advisor will stay in contact with you and may send you additional information about your target university abroad.
And then it almost came – your big day. The departure is imminent. Time to pack your bags and have a farewell party. The adventure abroad can begin! Even during your time abroad, we continue to take over communication with the foreign university free of charge and are your German-speaking contact person.
The suitcases are unpacked and you are back to everyday life. But do you still indulge in memories and want to share your experiences with others? Then write a review, send us your best city tips or join our alumni network. In this way you can become a role model for other students and inspire them to go on their own adventure abroad. And if the wanderlust grabs you again, you know where to find us.