- Culture of China. China is home to one of the most civilizations in the world. China has a history spanning 5,000 years of artistic, philosophical and political development.
- Nature of China. A country that occupies such a vast territory on the surface of our planet as China cannot be deprived of natural beauties. About 300 national parks and reserves were founded in the country. From the Amur taiga in the east and the Gobi desert in the north to tropical forests in the south and the mountains of Tibet in the west.
- China is the futuristic skyscrapers of Hong Kong and Shanghai.
- The Great Wall of China is a wonder of the world. The wall is indeed a symbol of China, both for the Chinese themselves and for foreigners. At the entrance to the restored part of the Wall, you can see the inscription made by Mao Tse Tung – “If you have not visited the Great Wall of China, you are not a real Chinese.”
- Chinese cuisine is distinguished by its great originality, expressed in the use of special sticks that capture food pieces like a crane’s beak, as well as in a huge variety of food material, such as cat, dog and snake meat, shark fins, tree mushrooms and bamboo, which are seasoned with various sauces (especially soy).
- Chinese medicine. For many centuries, special people – folk doctors (i-sheng) have collected, tested and summarized the experience of treating people with folk remedies. They amounted to more than 1800 works, comprising more than 30,000 volumes, and are the most valuable contribution of the Chinese people to the treasury of world medicine.
- Holidays in Hainan. Hainan is a huge tropical island located in southern China. The territory of the island is 34,000 sq. km, the population is almost 7 million people. Hainan is located on the same latitude as Hawaii, which is why the island is often referred to as “Eastern Hawaii”.
- Shopping. It is difficult to meet a person who has visited China and not succumbed to the temptation to buy various souvenirs, knick-knacks and handicrafts. Because the choice of souvenirs in the shops is simply amazing.
- China is business contacts and three dozen largest industrial exhibitions annually.
- China is an opportunity to combine all this in one trip!
Mountains of China
According to 800zipcodes, China is also mountains. And what mountains! Next to them, you understand how insignificant a person is before the greatness of nature. The most famous and sacred mountain range of China is Huangshan in Anhui province. According to an ancient legend, Emperor Xuanyuan did special exercises here in order to achieve immortality. The Chinese consider this place the most beautiful in China. In addition, the mountains are famous for centuries-old bizarre pines, whose names match the appearance: “Pine welcoming the guest”; “Pine saying goodbye to the guest”; “Lying Dragon”, etc.
The Lushan Mountains in Jiangxi Province are one of the most famous mountains in China, where a beautiful cascade of waterfalls is located, and nearby is the Flower Path, famous for the fact that it was here that the poet Bai Juyi wrote poems during the Tang Dynasty, singing the beauty of peach blossoms.
The Taishan Mountains are the sacred mountains of China and are considered to be the site of the beginning of ancient Chinese civilization. These are 72 peaks, waterfalls of stunning beauty, heaps of stones, pines and cypresses, which are several hundred years old. Be sure to reach one of the peaks. Here you can admire the sunrise and sunset, see the Golden Belt along the Yellow River (Huang He) and the sea of clouds.
Mount Kailash in Tibet has long been considered the favorite habitat of the gods. Now every believer considers it his duty to visit this sacred place and touch the living history of the celestials.
One of the four sacred mountains of China – Mount Emei and the Big Buddha at Leshan in Sichuan. In one of the most famous temples on the mountain – Wannian Temple – there is a bronze statue of Buddha Samantabadra, cast in 980, riding a white elephant with six tusks. Three rivers converge at its foot – Minjiang, Qiny and Dadu. The face of the Buddha is turned to Mount Emei, and his back is turned to Mount Lingyun.
Landscape sights of China
Modern China has inherited not only the cultural monuments of its ancestors, but also the heritage of nature. There are so many picturesque places in China where you can take a break from civilization and feel like a part of nature that you will not have a question where to escape from the bustling city. Wherever you choose, you can easily find what you are looking for: peace, quiet and peace.
If your choice falls on the picturesque Guilin, an amazingly beautiful place awaits you – a natural zoo, a botanical and geological garden. It is famous for its mountain peaks, caves, springs and lakes. The names of local attractions will tell about themselves better than a guide: the rock “Elephant drinking water”, the cave “Jungle”, the Park of Seven Stars.
One of the most beautiful places on earth is Tibet, famous for its cleanest air, snowy peaks, waterfalls, forests and greenish water. Another attraction – the Tibetan customs and traditions of the people living here – will make you plunge into the past and become a part of it for a while. It is especially beautiful here in autumn, but spring, when trees growing right in the lakes drop flowers into the water, is also beautiful. Giant pandas also live here, and if you are lucky, you can see them. In the same province of Tibet (Sichuan) there is another picturesque place – Huanglong, which means “yellow dragon”. Apparently, it is named so because of the small lakes, which have an unusual color and shape due to their volcanic origin.
And of course, lovers of exotic beach holidays have already heard about Hainan Island. This famous tropical resort is ready to welcome guests all year round. Here you will literally feel like in paradise: snow-white beaches, peaked mountains and endless sea…
So, do not forget to stock up on a digital camera and more than one memory card before traveling to China in order to capture all the sights of the Celestial Empire you have met and have time to shout after a moment: “Stop, you are so beautiful!”