The technical name of the swelling you may notice in your ankles and feet during pregnancy is edema.
It happens because during pregnancy, your body retains more liquid. The swelling is worrying when it happens 1 time for another, especially in the face. Can be a sign of preeclampsia.
As my ankles and feet swell during pregnancy?
As the baby grows in your stomach, uterus presses the veins of the pelvic region, in particular the vena cava.
This is a large vein in the right part of your body and receives the blood that comes from your legs wearing maternity yoga pants featured at itypeauto.com.
This pressure causes the blood circulation to happen more slowly and the blood to accumulate.
The blood pressure in prison causes water down to the tissues of the feet and ankles, via tiny veins called capillaries.
That water is a liquid that would normally be absorbed by the body. In pregnancy, the accumulation of fluid contributes to the swelling.
The swelling in the feet and ankles is usually get worse throughout the day in the morning, how you spent the night on the horizontal, not so fluid buildup in the legs.
At the end of the day, if you press the skin on the ankle, it’s possible that she doesn’t come back quickly into place, forming a “hole”. Is the trademark of the swelling.
At the end of pregnancy, the swelling also affects the hands. That’s why it pays to retire the rings for a while.
The heat encourages the swelling. Usually those who have baby at the end of the summer gets more bloated than who reaches the end of pregnancy in the winter.
The swelling can be a sign of something serious?
The edema is a very normal and common among pregnant women.
However, if you swell suddenly, from one day to the next or 1 hour to another, especially on the face, hands and feet, talk to your doctor. This can be a sign of preeclampsia, a serious problem.
Preeclampsia can happen 1 time for another from half of pregnancy, and can put your life and the baby at risk. So if you thought too much of 1 hour to swelled another, seek medical attention, to have received blood pressure and do other tests.
What can I do to minimize the swelling in pregnancy?
Here are some tips to minimize the swelling in your pregnancy:
• sit with your feet elevated whenever possible. At home, put your feet up on the sofa or use a stool. When you’re at work, if there is a stool available, stack magazines or books underneath your desk. To take a NAP, try to lie down on your left side.
• try not to stand for long periods.
• If you feel good about it, put a stocking with some compression before you even get out of bed in the morning to prevent the blood from accumulating around the ankles.
• practice exercises regularly, especially hiking, swimming, Aqua aerobics or exercise bike.
• eat well and avoid foods with high sodium concentration, such as snacks, fried foods, frozen foods and industrialized soups ready, olives and sausages. Also avoid excess sugar.
• on long trips, look for little walks not to stay too long sitting in the same position.
• If you have conditions, a lymphatic drainage massage once a week helps to relieve the swelling.
The swelling can also do you have pain and numbness in the hands well debilitating.
When your feet are swollen, sore, so I try not to plan activities that let you long time standing at the end of the day.
At the very end of pregnancy, you’ll probably have to buy a new pair of shoes or borrow some that fit.
Take this shoe for motherhood, because, before I go away, the swelling may even worsen after the baby is born, and last for about ten days.
Find out also if pregnant can work sitting all day and read everything you wanted to know about travel in pregnancy
10 Warning Signs of Poor Blood Circulation
How to diagnose leg edema
Vasectomy and Tubal Ligation FAQs and Answers
Medicinal plant Guggul uses and pictures (Commiphora wightii)
LAST Moffitt PEARLS of 2015: approach to hyperthyroidism …
Deep Vein Thrombosis – A Case for Early Intervention
Swollen feet stock photo. Image of child, health, baby …
Dealing With Swollen Feet During Pregnancy
Top 5 Pregnancy Signs Before Missed Period
How To Prevent Swelling During Pregnancy
2009_04_23 Swollen pregnancy hands
Last Trimester Of Pregnancy
Pregnant Women Edema Of Foot Stock Photo 392200996 …
17 Best ideas about Pregnancy Swelling on Pinterest …