It is common that appear itching and skin irritations that come and go during pregnancy, with no apparent cause.
The increase in hormone levels leaves your skin more sensitive. You may notice itching and irritation, mainly in the area of the belly and breasts.
If you’re feeling very itchy, it’s worth talking to your doctor. There is a rare disease of the liver, called obstetric cholestasis which can be severe, and whose main symptom is a very strong itching.
A blood test can diagnose the cholestasis.
Itch which appears along with red spots on the body, especially if right after you have had a fever, malaise and joint pain, can be a symptom of zika, a disease that can affect the baby in pregnancy. Go to the doctor if you have these symptoms.
In most cases, however, the itching is a nuisance without greater gravity. It can have several causes:
• Contact Dermatitis and allergic reactions: your skin may be more sensitive to contact with substances such as beauty products, almond oil, repellents, cleaners, Nail Polish (which can cause irritation in areas where you spend your hands frequently, as the eyelids). Prefer neutral products without too much perfume.
• dry skin and atopic dermatitis: A skin can dry out more quickly now that you’re pregnant. Do not take hot baths and use neutral moisturizer on your skin. If the disturbance is too large, talk to your doctor or see a dermatologist when wearing maternity jewelry.
• polymorphic Eruption of pregnancy (PUPPP, the acronym in English): it’s a strong itch that appears in the third trimester of pregnancy, starting in the belly and over the stretch marks, but not in the navel. She does not represent danger to the baby, but is very uncomfortable. Look for the doctor to find out how you can get relief.
• Candida albicans: cause itching in the vagina and change in vaginal discharge, and is more common in pregnancy. Sometimes it can affect the skin.
• Scabies: also known as scabies, cause skin irritation and lots of itching. One of the striking features are polka dots on the skin between the fingers. Requires treatment with soaps and specialty products and hygiene care, as daily exchange sheets.
Contrary to the legend, a belly rub does not cause stretch marks. Just be careful when scratching himself not to get hurt, which can cause infections in the skin.
Wear larguinhas, cotton and light, so that the skin to breathe freely. Sweat can make the itching worse. Baths with oatmeal or cornstarch diluted in water can relieve some itching, as well as the folder. You can also use Chamomile tea compresses.
There are also other rare conditions that cause itching in pregnancy, and only a doctor can identify them to indicate the best treatment.
Know what skincare products take care in pregnancy and read more about skin and beauty during pregnancy.
48 best images about Cysts on Pinterest
hiv rash on face
#SmoothSummer or BUST! Hugs and Kisses from Gillette …
Very swollen insect bite
Rash under Breast, Heat, yeast Infection, Itching …
Types of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments
Vaginal Irritation Bumps
Arm Itch: Causes and Treatments
Chronic hives – Symptoms and causes
Why Is My Skin So Dry?—9 Causes & 10 Remedies
raised bumps on scalp
Here Are All the Fun Ways Your Skin Changes After You Have …
Dry Skin During Pregnancy: Causes and Remedies
Bumps on Elbows: Causes of Itchy & Non-Itchy Bumps …
Dry Skin on Face – What Causes, Itchy, Extremely, Scaly …
The horrific damage BABY WIPES can do to children’s skin …
Causes of Itchy Skin Rash
Leg Rash During Pregnancy
Itchy Skin Rash