Why am I having leg cramps now that I’m pregnant?
It is not known exactly why pregnant women suffer so much with cramps, especially in the calf.
It may be because of the extra weight you are carrying. Also speculates that the cramping is related to changes in blood flow. There is also the theory that the problem is caused by changes in the concentration of certain salts in the body.
Sudden pain in the legs usually appear from the half of the pregnancy, and have the characteristic unpleasant to wake you with a huge scare when you’re already on the fifth sleep.
About a third of all pregnant women suffer with leg cramps in the last trimester of pregnancy practicing yoga defined by sportingology.
Despite the pain, she should last a maximum of ten minutes, and does not represent any injury to your calf muscles.
How can I ease the pain?
Fortunately, the cramps are one of those problems of pregnancy in which there is something you can do to ease the pain.
When the cramp happen:
• Do stretches. Start stretching your leg–with your feet flexed in your direction, as the football players who pull the toes for you. Hardly you will be able to reach your toes, but can go moving slower the ankle and the toes. It will hurt at first, but then the pain should improve.
• try to stay standing. Just to support the foot on the ground (preferably with the heel) you should already have some relief. Walk a bit if I can.
• massage the muscle affected by cramp.
• take a hot bath or put a hot water bottle in the affected region.
After the cramp passes, the muscle can be sensitive for up to 24 hours. If the pain is bothering you, talk to your doctor, who can prescribe a painkiller.
Is there anything I can do to avoid the cramps?
• stretch before bed. If you stretch the calf muscles (leg potato) several times before going to bed, it may even stop altogether the cramps happen.
• take a warm bath before bed, and sleep socks, if you like.
• whenever you are seated, move the ankle and toes–whether at work, at a dinner or watching TV.
• eat foods rich in calcium, magnesium and vitamin c. you can try eating bananas, following the popular saying. It may not solve, but does banana well.
There is no scientific proof that vitamin supplements to avoid the cramps, but it may be that your doctor wants to try prescribe a supplement of magnesium.
The traditional vitamin supplements for pregnant women are usually sufficient to provide the necessary nutrients.
And if the pain doesn’t improve?
If the pain is constant, and not an occasional cramp, or if you notice swelling or tenderness in the area, talk with the doctor.
Pregnant women are more subject to thrombosis, a serious circulatory problem. Know what are the warning signs:
• constant pain in his leg.
• Swelling and tenderness in calf.
• the affected area is red and hot.
leg cramps, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
Week by week pregnancy guide: 28 weeks pregnant
3D 4D SCAN MALAYSIA
Compression Stockings | Oakville Foot Care
Physical Changes During Pregnancy
How To Prevent Leg Cramps During Pregnancy?
OMG Night Leg Cramps!
19 weeks pregnant. Symptoms, fetus ultrasound, belly …
Varicose Veins Causes, Symptoms, and Remedies
Massage – Salon Bellagio
Phenobarbital – Uses, Dosage, Side effects and …
Nutrients | Free Full-Text
35 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and hospital tour
25+ best ideas about Pregnancy Weight Gain on Pinterest …
Selva’s Kitchen : Camphor Oil / Sooda Ennai l Home Remedies