For the first time in its history, Montblanc launches a line of watches with a box of bronze, this models, which now arrive to Brazil, extending the chronographs of the Minerva of the 1930s, featuring a stylish vintage design is still valued more by the metal chosen.
The choice of these classic creations has a reason: in 2007, the Montblanc acquired Minerva, a manufacture of watches founded in 1858 in Villeret, Switzerland, is highly recognized for its functions chronometric accurate, then it seems logical the Maison explore all the heritage of this revered designer watch.
Brass and steel
Accompanying the vintage design of the watches from the Minerva comes to the bronze, used for the first time by Montblanc, complementing the colors of the dials and being combined with the steel in the two models. The patina resulting from use will leave these pieces with a unique visual over the years.
Collection Montblanc 1858
The Collection 1858 Bronze is composed of three versions: Montblanc 1858 Chronometer Tachymeter Limited Edition 100, Montblanc 1858 Automatic Dual Time, Montblanc 1858 Automatic. In Brazil, two models vie for the attention of collectors and lovers of watches: the Montblanc 1858 Automatic Dual Time, Montblanc 1858 Automatic, while the Montblanc 1858 Chronometer Tachymeter Limited Edition of 100 (photo below) is only available under order.
See details of the two models that come to Brazil:
- pointers on the way to the cathedral, with its design cloisonné coated with Super-LumiNova beige;
- numbers árabicos luminescent, crowns in the form of vintage and lower tracks railway that surround the dials;
- original logo of Montblanc era of the 1930’s with its historic fountain and the emblem of the mountain Mont Blanc in the centre;
- new bracelets made of calf leather and crocodile in the color cognac, which have gained an aged appearance by the artisans of Pelletteria Montblanc in Florence.
Montblanc 1858 Automatic Dual Time
stainless steel case satin finish 44 mm with bezel and crown in bronze, contrasting with the traditional black dial of the decade of 1930;
- Calibre MB 29.19 self-winding movement;
- complications dual time (dual time), fully developed and assembled in-house with a displayed time (home time) and display of day / night.
- function home time WITH pointer esqueletizado, positioned in the center, with a touch of Super-LumiNova® on the tip, to distinguish it from the hour hand, which is completely filled with Super-LumiNova®;
- function dual time comes in a game during the travel – the user can set the pointer to the local time to the new destination time zone, without affecting the pointer home team;
- an indicator of day / night visible in a small aperture at 12 o’clock;
- at six o’clock, a subdial indicates the small seconds and the date, which is linked to local time;
- authentic logo Montblanc of the 1930s in the display and the mark on the bracelet out of calf leather in the new color, cognac, is made in the Pelletteria Montblanc in Florence;
- the bracelet features the traditional stitching in beige just below the handles of the fixture and has been treated to gain an aged appearance.
Montblanc 1858 Automatic
- deep black dial provides the perfect canvas for the pointers in the shape of a cathedral and Arabic numerals, that have been enhanced with Super-LumiNova ® black, for great readability at night;
- Box of 44 mm is in stainless steel satin finish, while the bezel and the crown were produced in bronze;
- the bottom of the box shows a picture of the Manufacture Minerva in Villeret, with the mountains of the Valley of the Jura in the background. There is also the logo of Roberts Brothers Villeret ( the logo history of Minerva), the brand Montblanc and the arrow of the spear of the goddess Minerva;
- the watch is powered by the Caliber MB 24.17 self-winding movement;
- bracelet calf leather in the color cognac is made in the Pelletteria Montblanc in Florence.